MATIN migration to new infrastructure has completed successfully. Please note that some post-migration work (e.g., cloud storage connectivity, JupyterHub) is still in progress. Thank you!
Find information on common issues.
Ask questions and find answers from other users.
Suggest a new site feature or improvement.
Check on status of your tickets.
Ahmet Cecen is currently pursuing a PhD in Computational Science and Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology. He earned a bachelor?s degree in Mechanical Engineering at Drexel University. Ahmet has been doing research in the fields of computational materials science and materials informatics for the past 6 years, throughout his undergraduate and graduate studies. His current research focus is on leveraging statistical analysis and machine learning tools to solve big data analytics problems in materials science.
- Materials Informatics
- Computational Materials Science
- Machine Learning
- Big Data Analytics
- Workflow Automation
Mainly MATLAB, R and MAPLE
Areas of Experience
Spatial Correlations , Machine Learning, Image/Signal Processing, Matrix Linear Algebra, Modelling and Simulation, Parallelization/Sequentialization, Graph Analysis, Web Development & Automation
- Spatial Correlations of Curvature and Velocity in Al-Cu Solidification Interface
- Data Science Enabled Fusion of Microstructure Images with Strain Fields Measured by DIC
- MATIN: An e-Collaboration Platform for Materials Research
- Akash Gupta, Ahmet Cecen, Sharad Goyal, Amarendra K. Singh, Surya R. Kalidindi, Structure?property linkages using a data science approach: Application to a non-metallic inclusion/steel composite system, Acta Materialia, Volume 91, 1 June 2015
- Ankit Agrawal, Parijat D Deshpande, Ahmet Cecen, Gautham P Basavarsu, Alok N Choudhary, Surya R Kalidindi, Exploration of data science techniques to predict fatigue strength of steel from composition and processing parameters, Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation, Volume 3, 3 April 2014
- A. Cecen, T. Fast, E.C. Kumbur, S.R. Kalidindi, A data-driven approach to establishing microstructure?property relationships in porous transport layers of polymer electrolyte fuel cells, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 245, 1 January 2014