MATIN migration to new infrastructure has completed successfully. Please note that some post-migration work (e.g., cloud storage connectivity, JupyterHub) is still in progress. Thank you!
Find information on common issues.
Ask questions and find answers from other users.
Suggest a new site feature or improvement.
Check on status of your tickets.
Bunger-Henry Building, Room 192
Surya R. Kalidindi
MINED Group’s research interests are broadly centered on designing material internal structure (including composition) for optimal performance in any selected application and identifying hybrid processing routes for its manufacture. To this end, he has employed a harmonious blend of experimental, theoretical, and numerical approaches in his research.
- Physics-Based Multi-scale Models, Crystal Plasticity, Crystallographic Slip, Deformation Twinning, Texture Evolution, Finite Element Models, Computational Mechanics and Materials Science.
- Microstructure Sensitive Design, n-point Statistics, Microstructure Hulls, Property Closures, Process Networks, Spectral Methods for Microstructure-Property-Processing Linkages.
- Microstructure Informatics, Data Analytics, Materials Knowledge Systems, Cyberinfrastructure for Materials Innovation.
- Characterization of Local Anisotropic Mechanical Behavior in Heterogeneous Materials using Spherical Nanoindentation and extracting Indentation Stress-Strain Curves.
- Microstructure-Property Relationships in Bone, Bone Quality, Raman Spectroscopy.