Employment StatusUniversity / College Staff
Yuksel C. Yabansu
Yuksel Yabansu is a PhD candidate in George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology. He earned his B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering and his M.S degree in Automotive Engineering at Istanbul Technical University. Yuksel focused largely on novel framework Materials Knowledge System (MKS) early in his PhD program and extended the framework for the elastic deformation of polycrystalline aggregates. His current research interest mainly lies in homogenization and localization in hierarchical multiscale modeling, machine learning in materials data classification and building processing-structure-property linkages.
- Multiscale Modelling
- Processing-Structure-Property Linkages
- Machine Learning
- Plasticity Theory
MATLAB, Abaqus, FORTRAN, Python
Areas of Experience:
Microstructure Quantification and Representation, Machine Learning, Modeling and Simulation, Plasticity Theory, Image Processing
- Data Analytics for Microstructures produced by Phase-Field models
- Processing-Structure-Property Linkages for 2 phase heterogeneous materials
- Localization Relationships for Elastic Deformation of Multiphase Polycrystalline Aggregates
- Y.C. Yabansu, S.R. Kalidindi, Representation and Calibration of Elastic Localization Kernels for a Broad Class of Cubic Polycrystals Acta Materialia, 2015. 94: p. 26-35
- Y.C. Yabansu, D.K. Patel, S.R. Kalidindi. Calibrated localization relationships for elastic response of polycrystalline aggregates. Acta Materialia, 2014. 81: p. 151-160
- S.R. Niezgoda, Y.C. Yabansu, S.R. Kalidindi, Understanding and Visualizing Microstructure and Microstructure Variance as a Stochastic Process. Acta Materialia, 2011. 59: p. 6387-6400.
- Y.C. Yabansu, S.R. Kalidindi. Calibrated Localization Relationships for Polycrystalline Aggregates by using Materials Knowledge System, 3rd World Congress on Integrated Computational Materials Engineering, June 2015, Colorado Springs, CO.
- Y.C. Yabansu, S.R. Kalidindi. Strategies for Multiscale Materials Simulations Using Calibrated Metamodels. TMS 144th Annual Meeting & Exhibition, March 2015, Orlando, FL.
- Y.C. Yabansu, D.K. Patel, S.R. Kalidindi. Localization relationships for polycrystalline aggregates using Materials Knowledge System approach. 17th U.S. National Congress on Theoretical & Applied Mechanics, June 2014.
- Y.C. Yabansu, D.K. Patel, J.B. Shaffer & S.R. Kalidindi. Localization Relationships for Elastic Deformation of Cubic Polycrystalline Aggregates. Society of Engineering Science, 49th Annual Conference, October 2012.