MATLAB implementation of Stringfellow-Parks self-consistent model for isotropic perfectly plastic two-phase materials.
The model predicts effective yield strength and strain rates partitioned into each phase.
[ check_1, x1, x2, sbar, check_2] = isosc( f2, s1, s2, m )
- f2 is vol fraction of the hard phase
- s1 and s2 are yield strengths of the soft and hard phases
- m is strain rate sensitivity of the phases (assumed the same for both phases)
* x1, x2 - strain rate ratio in soft and hard phases
* sbar - effective yield strength of the composite microstructure
* first and last output vars are some checks and can be ignored
Original paper by Stringfellow and Parks
Richard G. Stringfellow, David M. Parks, A self-consistent model of isotropic viscoplastic behavior in multiphase materials, International Journal of Plasticity, 7 (1991) 529-547.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: